There are four candidates in the much-watched Toronto Centre contest, one of four federal byelections Monday. But two of them are Linda McQuaig and Chrystia Freeland — celebrity authors and thinkers who have turned the race into a two-woman battle over a shared pet issue: income inequality. Ms. McQuaig, for the NDP, and the Liberal Ms. Freeland have different prescriptions, and agreed to debate the issue (and others) this week with Financial Post Editor Terence Corcoran:
Unbelievable. Looks like the National Post is on a campaign to maintain the “Party Stranglehold” on democratic process. You better join the party!
- Thoughts on the November 21 #TorCen Rosedale United Church some candidates debate (torontocentredebates.wordpress.com)
- Candidates debates: The right to participate and the obligation to participate (torontocentredebates.wordpress.com)
- Thoughts on “Some #TorCen Candidates #TorCendb8 – November 20 – Jarvis Collegiate (torontocentredebates.wordpress.com)
- Canada’s Charter of Rights – Political Debates and #TorCen Debates (torontocentredebates.wordpress.com)
- Father Rayond J. DeSouza – Time for ecomics debate in #TorCen election (torontocentredebates.wordpress.com)